Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Style Academy #4

       I did the repetition lesson on style academy, and learned how it can help and hurt in your writing. To apply it in my paper, I tried to repeat the most important parts of my paper in different ways and apply pattern to my writing. I also got rid of a lot of repetition that I thought hurt my paper, the bad kind of repetition.
        I repeated the word "generalization," "misconception," "misunderstood," all paired with "Islam" to try and restate the main problem my paper was supposed to be addressing. Some of my paragraphs would repeat themselves a little bit, but I think they were repetitious in the way that emphasized important points and not in an ineffective way.
        Hopefully I didn't use too much repetition, or use it in a way that makes me sound dumb, or like I am just trying to get my word count up.
        I tried to use the examples on Style Academy of anaphora and epistrophe. I'm not sure if I used them right, but I think both of those would be good forms of writing and repetition to develop for future writing assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment